Multi-tier Shelving Project For 3PL Company
Avanta UK were invited to a leading Midlands based 3PL company to discuss an opportunity to provide a storage solution that will improve storage density and improve pick rates.
The client relocated a few years ago to a large warehouse facility and has grown into the size of the building. With the growth of the business into different sectors and the need to continually improve an already award winning customer service experience, it was essential that a future proof storage solution was required.
Offering logistical solutions including warehousing, storage and distribution the number of smaller items e.g. individual bottles now stored and picked was huge and picking from pallets within racks was no longer an option. The existing system was becoming more an more time consuming and potentially inefficient.
With the available space in the warehouse Avanta UK successfully designed, delivered and installed a 3 Tier Shelving Structure. This created in the region of 10,000 pick levels of various sized product condensed into one corner of the warehouse over 3x floors.
Included in the structure is a 3 tier mezzanine floor to create marshalling and despatch areas. Access for pallets is via goods lift and multiple pallet gates. Access for employees is via staircases.
As part of the turnkey project Avanta provided the lighting and smoke detection as well as civil works.
The project was completed in 7 weeks including night works to work around the customer operation.
- Elland’s Exertis Advent Rise To The Challenge With Multi-tier Mezzanine
- Multi-tier Mezzanine Floor & Shelving Project For GROUPAUTO
- Turnkey Storage Solution for Leading Worldwide Supply Chain Specialist
- Raising Hair Tools Storage Capacity
- Avanta Complete Multi-Storage Equipment For Yorkshire Based Febi Bilstein
- Febi Pallet Racking & Longspan Shelving Install Leeds
- Multi-Storage Equipment Project For Leading Equipment Supply Company