Warehouse Multi-tier Mezzanine Floor Project in Elland
Based at a purpose built distribution centre in Elland, West Yorkshire a specialist trade only distributor had the requirement to significantly increase storage capacity and invited a number of companies to find the most appropriate solution.
Leeds based storage equipment provider Avanta UK successfully tendered for the supply and installation of: -
- Two tier fire rated mezzanine floor giving an additional 1420 square metres of floor space.
- The relocation (from a sister distribution centre in Northampton) and erection of approximately 500 bays of existing shelving.
- 6300 product location labels complete with bar coding.
- Reversible incline belt conveyor inclusive of 2 sections of gravity roller feed.
Each platform of the mezzanine floor measures 710 square metres and there is a total of 260 linear metres of 1120mm high hand & knee safety rail. The finished floor levels are 4m & 7.2m with a live load of 4.8k/N per square metre. Access is via 2 multi-landing general access staircases and load access is via 4x up and over pallet gates and conveyor.
To give the floor a 1 hour fire protection (a requirement for a floor of this size) each level was fitted with a full area suspended ceiling using fire rated tiles and galvanised vermiculux PVC faced fascia boards with fire breaks in the floor void. Floor columns were encased in in galvanised vermiculux PVC clip on casings.
Avanta UK looked after all the full installation including handling the Building Regulations.
Due to the nature of client's business and shift patterns all works were carried out on an overnight and weekend basis and only took 5 weeks to complete.
- Ant Hire Mezzanine Floor Leeds
- Ark Retail Mezzanine Floor Installation Leeds
- Avanta Complete Multi-Storage Equipment For Yorkshire Based Febi Bilstein
- Fire Rated Mezzanine Floor & Office Fit Out For Bradford Based Advanced Dynamics
- Large Warehouse Mezzanine Floor Installation West Yorkshire
- Mezzanine Floor Installation in Lincoln
- Widespan Fire Rated Mezzanine Install in Bradford