Warehouse Fit Out Project For Dewsbury Based Business
West Yorkshire based Hair Tools Ltd is one of the UK’s leading manufacturers and distributors of professional hairdressing and beauty products contacted a number of storage equipment providers to assist with an age old storage problem.
Due to continued growth and setting higher standards of delivery lead-time Hair Tools needed to re-organise their existing warehouse set up.
Avanta successfully tendered for the total fit out project of the warehouse including: -
- Sealing the building exterior to make safe
- Groundworks for external service feeds to connect
- Access shutter doors
Internally Avanta designed and installed the full interior fit out including all storage equipment to suit the current needs and to service ambitious growth plans for a high fashion multi-channel retailer. This included: -
- Pallet Racking - for goods in
- Longspan Shelving - for BDC boxes
- Shortspan Shelving - for boxes and sections for bags
- Garment Hanging
- Workbenches - for the internet packing area
- Mezzanine Floor - and associated fit out works to create offices and welfare facilities including staff toilets, canteen, showers etc.
- Office & Bistro Furniture
- Staff Lockers
- Floor Painting and resin flooring to seal the floor and create zones
- General Fit Out Works - including electrics and plumbing
Avanta UK Ltd, working closely with a leading fork lift truck manufacturer in identifying a way of increasing storage space within the client's main warehouse along with reconfiguring a second warehouse to create a man up small box picking operation.
The solution involved reconfiguring the main warehouse to a double deep racking system, re-using existing racking and providing new. This enabled us to provide a high density man up small picking operation within the second warehouse in conjunction with new Mechanical Handling Equipment.
The project consisted of: -
- To strip out sections of pallet racking from the smaller warehouse and put in the main warehouse.
- Provide new racking and fit in the main warehouse.
- Provide a block of new drive in racking to store to create a collection / despatch area.
- Supply and install 62 bays of new longspan shelving with steel decks in to the smaller warehouse giving an approximate storage capacity of circa 5000 boxes. This warehouse shelving system in conjunction with new handling equipment is to handle goods in boxes from containers.
Avanta also identified that the clients existing lighting system was based on sodium lights. In conjunction with our approved electrical supplier we designed a new energy efficient lighting system and demonstrated up to 25% running costs savings.
Mark Davison of Avanta UK Ltd commented "This project is another example of Avanta UK interpreting the clients needs effectively and providing a cost effective storage solution for pallets and boxes. We worked closely with the client and fork lift truck specialist to deliver yet another excellent project. The client is local to us and our project manager was a regular visitor on site to progress the fitting team."
- Avanta Complete Multi-Storage Equipment For Yorkshire Based Febi Bilstein
- Avanta On Target
- Febi Pallet Racking & Longspan Shelving Install Leeds
- Mamas & Papas Racking & Shelving Project
- New Drive in Racking Installation in Liverpool
- New Pallet Racking For Expanding Leeds Food Firm
- Pallet Racking Installation in Leeds
- Push Back Racking Installation in Leeds
- Warehouse Shelving Project in Leeds
- 2 Fashion Retailers Increase Storage Capacity with Avanta UK
- Harrison Clough Pallet Racking Install