Diverse Racking Solutions for Two Sites
The client is one of the world’s foremost steel component manufacturers with multiple manufacturing sites across the globe. The company has achieved growth organically and through acquisition.
Avanta UK Ltd was invited into 2 sites in the North of England to offer solutions for 2 distinctly different storage issues.
This site needed to increase production and storage capacity.
The client was looking at the design and feasibility of a new purpose built warehouse in order to extend the manufacturing into the existing warehouse. The redundant racking in the existing warehouse was purchased by Avanta UK.
Avanta designed the new Very Narrow Aisle (VNA) Pallet Racking to give a storage capacity of 5000 plus pallets measuring 1200mm wide x 1000mm deep x up to 2020mm high.
All aisle end barriers were supplied and fitted by Avanta UK.
At the Lancashire site where there is also a production and warehousing element there was no new additional space or option to build.
To cope with increasing demand the client was having to single stack pallets on the ground in lanes.
Initially other companies suggested a Pallet Live Racking solution; however the height of the building did not lend itself to such a system.
Avanta UK suggested a Radio Shuttle Racking System to the client and offered this solution as the best way to deposit and retrieve pallets in a building with limited height.
The pallet shuttle system from Avanta UK, is a deep lane storage and retrieval system. It is a carrier used to move pallets within a specifically designed racking structure, thus optimizing the storage capacity. This shuttle is a self-powered device that runs on rails in the storage lanes for the loading and unloading of pallets.
Shuttle systems are used for:-
• Handling whole pallets
• Storage in batch quantities
• Application in cold stores
• Replenishing order picking tunnel systems
• Application in buffer storage
• Either first in, first out (FIFO) or first in, last out (FILO) storage
• Efficient retrieval times, as the FLT travel distance is reduced
• Warehouses with limited human resources
• Save money on lighting
Mark Davison, Avanta UK
“The client was a real joy to work with and understood the long term benefits of investing in a shuttle system along with the operational savings.
The two sites in one order were good to win and being able to fulfil both storage requirements was one of the reasons the client chose Avanta.”
- 2 Fashion Retailers Increase Storage Capacity with Avanta UK
- Febi Pallet Racking & Longspan Shelving Install Leeds
- Harrison Clough Pallet Racking Install
- Mamas & Papas Racking & Shelving Project
- New Drive in Racking Installation in Liverpool
- New Pallet Racking For Expanding Leeds Food Firm
- Pallet Racking Installation by Avanta UK in Elland West Yorkshire
- Pallet Racking Installation in Leeds
- Push Back Racking Installation in Leeds
- Turnkey Storage Solution for Leading Worldwide Supply Chain Specialist