Distribution Centre Project For Multi-Channel Fashion Retailer Includes Pallet Racking, Shelving, Mezzanine & More
This particular International Fashion Retailer had outgrown their current UK Distribution Centre and to service 84 UK stores and a growing Internet based sales business they desperately needed a new warehouse facility. In terms of location and size, a building for future growth a premises was selected and purchased. However the building was in need of initial enabling works in order for the project to proceed, including making the building safe and having services into the building.
Avanta successfully tendered for the total fit out project of the warehouse including: –
- Sealing the building exterior to make safe
- Groundworks for external service feeds to connect
- Access shutter doors
Internally Avanta designed and installed the full interior fit out including all storage equipment to suit the current needs and to service ambitious growth plans for a high fashion multi-channel retailer. This included: –
- Pallet Racking – for goods in
- Longspan Shelving – for BDC boxes
- Shortspan Shelving – for boxes and sections for bags
- Garment Hanging
- Workbenches – for the internet packing area
- Mezzanine Floor – and associated fit out works to create offices and welfare facilities including staff toilets, canteen, showers etc.
- Office & Bistro Furniture
- Staff Lockers
- Floor Painting and resin flooring to seal the floor and create zones
- General Fit Out Works – including electrics and plumbing
The retail market is dynamic and transient and working close with the client Avanta worked on the following principles: –
- Maximising the cubic capacity with room to grow
- Balancing this capacity with operational effectiveness / efficiency – e.g. The positioning of the fast moving SKU’s from analysis of the order profiles of the business.
- Internet sale growth – factoring in return handling with returns shelving with tracking technology
This Turnkey Fit Out and Storage Equipment project is perfect for Leeds based Avanta UK. The location was in the South of England and Avanta UK has fitting teams based throughout the country in order to remain as competitive as possible. Also, project managing a multi-trade installation of this scale is a perfect fit for Avanta.
The project was complete to time and to budget and the client is thrriving in such a competitive marketplace to deliver on Next day promise.