Transformation of cold dark warehouse to a modern state of the art office suite.
Whitby Seafoods is a familiar market leading brand for Scampi sold through various large Supermarkets throughout the UK and Europe. The company is growing and required a proportion of an old warehouse facility converting into a new open plan office suite to create space for the expanding workforce.
Avanta UK Ltd working with the Komfort range of office partitioning products successfully tendered for this turnkey 'transformation' project.
The project involved in summary: -
- Space planning - With a view to the client's current requirements and future growth plans.
- Office furniture - Utilising a propriety branded bench desking system to optimise space.
- All electrics - Lighting, Heating / Cooling & Ventilation.
- Screeding floor and channel cutting for electrics & floor coverings.
- Partitions & Ceilings - Avanta utilised the market leading Komfort Polar branded double & single glazed office partitioning product to create the offices.
- Test kitchen units & appliances.
Internally Avanta created: -
- 1x Reception area - Created from double glazed polar partitions with manifestation, drift wood effect Karndean flooring, reception counter and furniture and suspended ceiling.
- 1x Main office - Large open plan office with oatmeal heavy contract carpet tile floor coverings, a 8 linear metre run of KM3 Storage Wall, Double Glazed Polar Partitions, doors & ironmongery.
- Bench desking system with mesh executive chairs.
- 6x Executive offices - Single Glazed Polar Partitions, doors & ironmongery & furniture.
- 1x Presentation room
- 1x Test kitchen - Create kitchen area for clients to sample the produce.
- 1x Purpose built server room - with additional cooling.
The project was in 2 phases to an agreed schedule of works to minimise disruption to a working office environment and included: -
- Cutting out and fitting full height double glazed windows into the existing warehouse wall.
- Re-cladding external building at the front.
- Supplying & installation of external doors and fire escapes.
- Re-cladding and lighting the external raised canopy.
Working very closely with a representative of Whitby Seafoods who had a clear vision of the desired look and feel of what was required to be in keeping with the brand values of Whitby Seafoods, Avanta delivered an attractive functional workspace within agreed time frames.
A big part of the design was the nautical theme with the following features: -
- Whitby beach huts on the glass manifestation.
- Port hole vision panels in doors.
- Colour scheme of carpets, storagewall etc.
- Whitby branded graphics.
- Drift wood effect Karndean flooring.
- Timber slatted effect vinyl to executive offices.
Avanta comment - "We have worked with Whitby Seafoods over the years and were delighted to hear of their expansion plans and the subsequent order. It has been a fascinating project to be involved in and the transformation from cold dark warehouse to a modern office suite is great to see. I am really proud of our project and multi-trade installation teams who carried out the fit-out."