Leeds based Avanta UK have just completed their largest office interior fit out contract to date for Brenntag UK who have relocated their UK Head Office from Yeadon to Lawnswood in Leeds.
Brenntag is the global market leader in chemical distribution operating a global network with more than 530 locations in 74 countries and a global workforce of more than 14,000 employees.
In the UK the company had simply out grown it’s UK Headquarters and wanted to remain in a similar location to retain the 160 plus current staff and with a view to allow for expansion. The Lawnswood site was identified as a location that could deliver what was required and over 3x floors was a blank canvass to work on.
Working closely with the client and Avanta’s interior designer, a modern office interior was designed utilising many years of experience in office design, space planning and sourcing the best manufacturers.
Proposals were presented utilising 3D visuals and mood boards with the strong Brenntag corporate branding theme at the forefront. With a project of this size and nature inevitably the design goes backwards and forwards with multiple revisions to refine the design to suit.
This project encompassed everything in terms of an Office Fit Out including: –
- Full Height Glazed & Solid Partitions – to create offices, meeting rooms and Director’s offices
- Integrated Storage Wall throughout the scheme with various internal fittings
- Operable walls to divide boardroom & meeting area on ground floor
- Floor Coverings – Including specific zones and branding ideas
- Welfare Facilities – Shower rooms, toilets etc
- Multiple Social or Break Out & Kitchen Areas with instant hot water and numerous integrated appliances
- Provision of all the furniture including desking, storage, board room, break out furniture & all seating
- Acoustic Wall & Ceiling Panels – to create and enhance collaborative thinking area
- Custom Made Reception Furniture – To fit around and incorporate building columns
- Wall Art Graphics in certain areas
- Heating & Cooling Solutions
- Provision of Power & Data
- Supply, Install & Commissioning of all AV Equipment
- Building Works – Air conditioning generator compound and flagged area for a cycle shelter
Under the guidance of a dedicated site based project manager the project took 10 weeks to complete from start to finish and utilised many trades to complete the transformation from empty floors to the finished job, including: –
- Partition Erection & Fixing
- Furniture Installation
- Extensive Electrical & Mechanical Works
- Carpeting & Laminate Flooring
- Outside Ground works
Avanta provided all enablings which included site cabins, contractor welfare facilities, general labourers, skips, visqueen, PPE & barriers to keep the site safe, clean and tidy to promote the smooth running of the contract.
A FULL TURNKEY PACKAGE!
Andrew Chipp (Avanta) commented “I am really proud of the Avanta team on delivering this project and giving Brenntag a modern facility to be proud of. We fitted out the old Yeadon office in circa 2000 and this new project shows how much Brenntag has grown in the UK and how office design coupled with technology has progressed especially in the last decade. This site is a showcase of what we can do we hope to complete many more in the future.”
Gareth Dobinson (Brenntag) commented “We are delighted with the transformation and delivery of the Brenntag vision. Working closely with Andrew and the team at Avanta we have created a workplace with the WOW factor for our employees to thrive in.”
Russel Argo (President of Brenntag UK & Ireland) commented “This is exciting times for all of us at Brenntag UK & Ireland. Our teams worked hard to design a facility with greatly increased capacity for visitors, training and networking opportunities. The primary aim however was always on achieving a great working environment for our teams, as People Focus continues to be a pillar for our strategy”.