Back of rack safety netting is an excellent way of preventing injury and product damage at the back of single runs of pallet racking. Made from high tencity Polypropylene the net is light weight, incredibly strong and almost impossible to damage in normal operation.
- Available in various sizes and strengths
- Creates a safer working environment for your staff
- Rack Nets are strong but are of low weight
- Made to measure so no cutting down or edge working
- Racking nets are flexible and not of a rigid construction
- Easy to install
- All Racking nets are fire retardant
Rack end nets are a highly effective way to protect staff and stock as the racking end frame structure will not necessarily prevent product from falling through the end of the racking in the event of a pallet becoming dislodged or products shifting during storage and retrieval.
- Several colours to choose from
- Fire retardant netting
- Easy to install
- Excellent additional safety to racking
- Ideal for hanging rack banners
Safety Netting Specifications: A choice between a 100mm mesh size with 5mm cord and 10mm outer edges or 45mm mesh with 3mm cord and 7mm outer cord. Both are the same specification and cost. If you do not request a type we will supply 45mm mesh. The material is Polypropylene. Fire retardant materials are available on request.
Colour: Yellow, Black, Green and Blue as standard. Unless stated on the order we will supply Blue.
Net Sizes: Provided in sections to retain stiffness of maximum 10m wide x height of rack. On shallow nets the net can be longer than 10m wide as the stiffness then comes from the lack of height within the system.
Steel Cables: 6mm diameter steel wire supplied with a loop at one end, and fused sealed safe end at the other to the exact length required. We also provide a Yellow plastic end cap for the wires.
Gripples: 6mm diameter wire one-way cable securing device. There is one Gripple per cable. A Cable tensioning tool is provided to tension the cable in the Gripple connector (unless previously supplied).
Link Hooks: These are similar in design to Karabiner Clips and connect the net to the cables. They allow for quick fitting, but also release if the rack system requires maintenance.
Cable Ties: Are provided to tidy up the cable ends and maybe net corners adjacent to main brackets. Same colour as the net.
Brackets: There are two types. The Main Brackets are strong and robust and are used at cable termination points, end of run vertical cable supports and bracing connections. The Intermediate brackets are purely cable supports mid-span.
Extensions: Standard extensions come in 500mm, 1000mm and 1500mm modules and are adjustable within those ranges by movement of the brackets on the post brackets and/or the braces to the brackets.
Benefits over Anti-Collapse Steel Mesh:
- Our solution is safer, more cost effective, faster to install and typically requires no maintenance when it is used rather than anti-collapse steel mesh. Designing our solution has overcome all of the issues that previous netting solutions had. These issues were; too much tension in the wires causing rack upright twisting, too much ‘sag’ in the net, impinging on the load space and difficulty in installing the system (long install times).
- Back of Rack netting has been approved by the National Physical Laboratory (NPL) and passed for a fully loaded pallet at 1 tonne. Anti-Collapse Steel Mesh is only specified for cases or cartons falling from the pallet, not the whole pallet. Therefore, the netting solution is safer and of a much higher specification.
- When loads fall into netting there is no damage when the load is removed the netting returns to its original shape. Steel mesh will require some replacement very often.
- Our nets are supplied in smaller sections than previous installations reducing the ‘sag’ problems of previous solutions as well as making them easier to install. Our nets have less stretch than other fall arrest type nets. The Racknets nets are supplied made to order which we size to use some of the stretch available reducing further the ‘sag’ to a practical level while retaining the impact damping feature.
- All of our nets are made to the exact size required. We do not have standard sizes where the closest one available is used.
- Our cables are supplied with clean safe ends exactly to the size required. Therefore, there is no cable cutting on site.
- We use Gripples to secure our cables. These have a 5:1 safety factor at the tensions used by our solution, and are quick and easy to fit.
- We have not had to do any cost savings as our solution is naturally more cost effective than steel mesh. Therefore, there has been no compromise on the design.